• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Float-tubers

Me and fishface got some nice tubing action sunday!

here are some good panfish I got...

LUNKER-SUNFISH.jpg

LUNKERSLAB.jpg

TENINCHGILL.jpg

Fishface got plenty of panfish too but kept getting harrassed by these rough fish

NICE-SNAKE.jpg

FISHFACE-AND-LUNKERBASS.jpg

videos comming later...

When you guys keep fish, what are you putting them in or are you using a stringer? The reason I'm asking is because I borrowed my Brothers Float Tube and I used my "Ice-Well". It's a floating live well. It's alot better than using a stringer, It's light weight, and packs small. I tie it off to the tube, Canoe or small boat without a live well. The 9" diameter Ice-Well works best in the summer. The other one made is the 7" diameter Ice-Well. Bruce Mosher

I went to one of my favorite spots for big gills to try out some of my new maki plastics. I couldn't find them anywhere! No bites even. then when i was about to call it quits and have me a skunk dinner, my float goes down and I rear on this big ol bass!

toadbitesmakiplastic.jpg

I decided then it was time to put away the panfish gear and play with the bass for a couple of hours. Started with a swim jig tipped with a super do, but that didn't appeal to these tight lipped larrys. Then I switched to a plastic toad, I guess that was on the menu, as the bucketmouths just tore into it!

plastictoad.jpg

toadonthetoad.jpg

anothertoad.jpg

nicefatbassy.jpg

chunkylarry.jpg

toadstrikesagain.jpg

Not much biting this afternoon but it was nice being on the water, met up with Ben and Calvin for a bit of bass fishin on some small metro lakes, but the bass had lockjaw!

ben tubin

tubinben.jpg

Calving with LM bass

calvinsbass.jpg

bass on the ringNtube

bassontheringNtube.jpg

bass on da frog

bassondafrog.jpg

Nice sunset

tubinsunset.jpg

It's cool seeing guys out their having fun in their cats. I also love fly fishing from one of my float tubes. I also aquired a inflatable pontoon boat this year with both kick and oar capabilities and I have to say that it is also a blast, and you can cover a little more water. Keep the reports and pics comin, they are a lot of fun to look over.

I went out both days this weekend and had a blast. On Saturday I went to one of my favorite metro lakes and had a slow start but I managed to get some really good fish out of the pads.

[image]july2107wackydingerdv9.th.jpg[/image]

[image]bbcrawtubeiy6.th.jpg[/image]

Today I went to a small lake I have been scouting for awhile now. It turned out to be a gem. I broke off on a pike within the first 20 min. After retying I nearly landed a pike that went about 30" give or take. A few casts later I landed an extremely hard fighting bowfin that was about 24". I realy wanted a picture but he had other things in mind, like shaking away and getting back in the water. They are definitely some strange looking things. Well about 20 min. later the bassin' commenced. I landed a total of 5 bass ranging from 16 to 20+". It was a good day on some beautiful new water.

Joe

[image]july2207pu7.th.jpg[/image] [image]butterballkj5.th.jpg[/image]

[image]20nr6.th.jpg[/image]

Me and fishface got out sunday afternoon for more panfish and bass on the fly in our float tubes. They were down near the bottom in two to six ft and biting lite...

mtbluegill.jpg

fish with a bass

fishfacewithbass.jpg

Gill with a lump in its tail

tailbump.jpg

some more bass

bassinwater.jpg

bassrelease.jpg

larrycloseup.jpg

smallbass.jpg

sunfish

keeper.jpg