• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

An Avatar "How To"...?

I only learned how to do it yesterday after the question was posed. I did a search on animated gif files, found one I liked and downloaded it to photobucket. Then I just substituted that for my regular avatar URL. I understand from reading about gif files that you can also make a series of your own photos and space them out into a gif format to do slide shows, but I havent progressed that far yet.

Those of you with Adobe Photoshop have all the tools you need. With photo shop comes a powerful tool called adobe image ready.

This web page will guide you step by step how to create one.

Other programs are available to do the same but this is the only way I know how.

I did the animate gif thing a while back as well. The image quality with a gif compared to a jpg is quite a bit different in terms of digitial picture quality. The gifs were very grainy and I was not a fan.

Some peoples animated gifs look decent thou, but mine didn't.