• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Turkeys

surewood

Anyone turkey hunting with there bows this season. I've done it before got real close to a bird but could'nt get it. I'll hunt central MN as I have family there but I do have to hunt public land which does'nt make it any easier. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck in the last part of the season with archery.

Three years ago I hunted with my bow in season E and shot a very nice tom

Beard-9.5

Spurs-1.5-1-3/8ths

Weight- 22.5#

This was on public land also. It can be done with good scouting and if you are willing to put your time in. I saw three toms that year within 40 yards.

I took one a few years back going this year again in the Mn.River valley May 18th.I see alot but to get into my short range its difficult.my callin isnt great so I dont call close sit & hope! maybe I'll get lucky.But being there is all i need to enjoy! I also do some cat fishin while there.

Ive never hunted turkeys period. Gun or bow. I heard yesterday that I can go to any store that sells hunting licenses and buy a turkey license for bow hunting over the counter. I am under the impression that I do not have to apply for a license, and that all I have to do is designate the season I will be hunting? Can anyone confirm this for me?

I missed one with the bow two springs ago - last fall I shot a tom with my bow while deer hunting. New area this year so I'm going back to the shotgun for at least the first season. If I get one then I'll be using the bow for my second season for sure - well I might pack the 12 ga along for backup wink.gif

The only downside to me for archery hunting turkeys is a blind is almost critical and I don't care for sitting too long for turkeys - I do enough of that for deer.