• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NEW DRENALIN

I think you'll like it. I finally gave up my Legacy for one this season and although I didn't like the grip at first I've really come to like the bow. Very smooth and a bit more zip than the Legacy had. Light too.

no disrespect to anyone but whats with getting a new bow every single year. I mean really if it works why spend 800 on a bow thats going to be outdated in a year. I shoot a hoyt that cost 500 hundred and i truly believe its better than any matthews on the market and yes i have shot them. smoother, quieter and less vibration. Its perfectly tuned and i shoot 320 plus fps and get this, its ONE year old.

Zehn,

Exactly my thinking. My first Bow was a Hoyt Eclipse that I got at age 15. It shot deer. It needed a different pin for every 5 yards or so. At age 25 I got a Hoyt Vortec with the Cam and 1/2. I have 1 pin that I use to shoot out to 30 yards. I will never see myself buying a another bow again until it's time for my kids to go hunting. Really what more can you ask for?

I have owned two bows in the last 15 years. Every 6-8 years I like to buy a new one as they are better than what I now personally own.

I could still be using the bow that I owned 20 years ago and probably still harvest deer. The new equipment is better than my older technology.

As far as different types bows go, every archer has to find the bow that works for them. Just like guns, you need to find what fits you and what you are comfortable with. Many great bows for the archer today.

I replace mine every 2-3 years now, because I shoot about 80-100 arrows through it almost every day. I don't just pick it up a couple weeks before season and start practicing again. Just me, but I love to shoot bow. Cheap entertainment when considering how much I shoot it. It's either replace the string or just sell it a get a new one. I chose getting the new one.

Not to get off subject, but has anyone shot the Drenalin, Bowtech Guardian, and Hoyt Vectrix? I now know 3 good buds that have shot all three and all three claim the bowtech rules. Not to diss Hoyt or Mathews, because of the three, two of them are diehard fans of Mathews and Hoyt.

Reasons for buying a new bow,

Old one was an ultra max which was about 8-10 yrs old.

Had to go a lighter draw weight do to rotator cuff surg.

This is the best one I do not want to leave any $$ for the kids when I kroack! (Just kidding on this one)

Quote:

no disrespect to anyone but whats with getting a new bow every single year. I mean really if it works why spend 800 on a bow thats going to be outdated in a year. I shoot a hoyt that cost 500 hundred and i truly believe its better than any matthews on the market and yes i have shot them. smoother, quieter and less vibration. Its perfectly tuned and i shoot 320 plus fps and get this, its ONE year old.

Because the gear is just as much fun as the hunt/fish etc.

Thanks, since I found out we were about the same age, it just about whipped me first...

I don't know what I am more happy about, catching that or finally taking the time to figure out how to post pictures on FM...

Gus,

320 fps seems rather fast, is that a hunting setup, I'd assume not. If so, what bow are you shooting and what the heck are you shooting for arrows? You must be pushing that bow to its limit on arrow weight, I think the "experts" recommend an arrow weight nothing less than 5.5 gpi X draw weight.

I am just curious because I though my new drenalin shot fast. It is rated for 320 but I am sure shoots nowhere near that with my hunting setup on it. I would guess 270-290 fps at best, I still have to get it on the cronograph.

Knute78,

I see you are in Roch, Did you buy your Dren at Archery Headquarters? If so is Marty able to keep any in stock yet or do they still need to be ordered? thanks! grin.gif

Gus,

I'll check on Archery Headquarters tommorrow and see what the stock looks like on my way home from work. I actually got my Dren from Archery Country in St.Cloud because I know one of the guys who works there.

I know Marty's shop pretty well and stop in regularly to shoot when the weather isn't so hot, like now, so I'll take a peak for you.

I'll most likely be hanging around AH a few times next week/weekend. I'm staying with the family in Roch while hunting Turkeys. We usually end up shooting or just shooting the bull down there a couple times while in town. If all goes well early on in the week I might be looking to trade in my switchy..... oh man blush.gif

Gus,

Where you hunting at near Rochester? I didn't get drawn this year and decided to try and go after the birds with the bow and a blind. I have land near Rushford/Houston Area to hunt. Just wondering.

Chad