• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

canoe for 4?

2 adults and 2 kids(12 and 5) is there one big enough for 4? just for a fun day floating or should we plan on figuring out a way to get 2 canoes? thanks ,looking for cheap family fun stuff to do

There are a few brands of canoes that offer 3 and 4 person canoes. The size is not usually an issue as much as having the seats to support it. I'm thinking one of the 3 person boats will work best since your 5yr old should "need" a seat of his own. You can have him sit on a backpack or some towels or whatever. I've canoes the Rum River with me, my wife and our 2 girls(5 and 3) in my 15ft canoe. It was a little tight, but the style of boat made it very stable.

If you're looking to rent start calling around to find places. Anybody worth their stuff should have at least 1 "family" canoe.

A 17 ft. should handle it the 2 kids on pads on the floor,or we at one time took 2 canoes and lashed them together,kinda like you'd see on TV the hawaiians with outriggers except the outrigger was a canoe.We'd use bamboo fish poles to tie them together it was fun!and real stable.