• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Motorheads on sleds! (pics included)

Well, I meandered down to the Shagawa River this afternoon to see if any waterfowl had made their way north, and turned the corner only to see tons of vehicles parked along the road and no ducks at all. It was sleds paddling in the river, enjoying an Ely tradition of waterskipping.

Honestly? This was a bit more exciting than duck photography. My muckboots and goretex Shadowgrass camo bibs and I were actually crouching in the water to get the low angle I wanted for some of these shots.

Motorheads, enjoy!! Your winter days are numbered. grin.gif

All with the Canon 20D, Canon 100-400L IS at various focal lengths, iso400, various shutter speeds at f8, handheld in Al servo (continual focus) mode

Two can play at this game

standing-double.jpg

Man's world? Not! she-rides.jpg

Checking out the competition

looking-on.jpg

Better than an afternoon watching basketball on TV? Yep yep yep

elevated-tight-great.jpg

Eat my water!

eat-my-water.jpg

Those sure are great pics of people doing what they love, you can see it in their faces.

Someday Steve I would love to hire you to take a portrait of myself fighting a large kitty or even just waiting for the clicker to go off.

All I know, is if I was the guy in the 4th pic some money would be coming you way, and that shot would be hanging on my wall grin.gif

dtro: I reckon you taking me out for summer flatheads would be a totally even-up trade for a portrait or two. I've fished channels on the Red River since I was 11, catching many, many channels of good size and have made the pilgrimage to Mecca (Lockport, Man.) with fish to 25 lbs, but have never done the flathead thing yet. And, though I'm not in Cat country anymore, my Berkley E-Cat No. 3 sits in the corner with its Abu 6500 C3, getting occasional and excellent use as a muskie trolling rod, but wishing it could set the bones into a big kitty. grin.gif

Barter is a GOOD thing! grin.gif

Quote:

dtro: I reckon you taking me out for summer flatheads would be a totally even-up trade for a portrait or two. I've fished channels on the Red River since I was 11, catching many, many channels of good size and have made the pilgrimage to Mecca (Lockport, Man.) with fish to 25 lbs, but have never done the flathead thing yet. And, though I'm not in Cat country anymore, my Berkley E-Cat No. 3 sits in the corner with its Abu 6500 C3, getting occasional and excellent use as a muskie trolling rod, but wishing it could set the bones into a big kitty.
grin.gif

Barter is a GOOD thing!
grin.gif

well.....camera in hand or not, your welcome any time. Let me know if your ever in the area

The 4th pic is flat out sweet cool.gif. He does kinda look like JN.

Steve, when you going to make the drive down here to your old stomping grounds and shoot some ducks (camera) off the point. Couple of weeks and the bay will be loaded with just about every kind of duck you can think of. smile.gif