• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Overheating A.C. 660 Turbo 2006

Cheers

I had problems out on the trail yesterday with overheating, when the light comes on the engin runs rough and wont idle ,I was wondering if an on board computor retards the timeing or something to protect the engin. It ran realy rough but only when the overheat light was on. I was forced to run it to get home but went real slow and stopped when possible till the light went out. Did I do damage ?? I had to go 10 miles

I have the non turbo 660, but haven't had the high temp light come on yet. I don't remember reading anywhere about the engine ECU retarding timing or anything like that to protect the engine. Since there aren't a ton of 4 stroke Cat guys out there yet, the only answer may be to see a technician. Be sure to let us know what you end up finding out.

all snowmobiles are cooled by snow. the heat exchangers are in the tunnel, so they need snow dust to cool the coolant. if you have any overheating problems, run the sled into loose snow. on warm days, its a good idea to run off the trail every now and then to get the snow into the tunnel.

all smowmobiles will overheat without snowdust into the tunnel, and warm days its worse since there is no snow dust.

hope this helps.

Quote:

all snowmobiles are cooled by snow.

all smowmobiles will overheat without snowdust into the tunnel, and warm days its worse since there is no snow dust.

all liquid cooled snowmobiles are cooled by snow.

Being that he was talking about a liquid (660) thats probably what you meant.

Just to avoid confusion though, you can run a free air (older hi-perf) or fan cooled all you want in fluffy snow and it wont get any cooler, maybe even warmer!

Yep they sure do..... got a '86 Pantera 440 Liquid, most of your mid '80 Cats had radiators, I think there were a few Yammy's that had them too.

Are there newer sleds that have radiators these days? Just don't know that much about 4 strokers.

Mike