• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

less auto-doe permits?

Jameson

Currently all bow or muzzleloader hunters can shoot a doe state wide. They do not have to apply for doe permits in lottery areas like the rifle/shotgun hunter. I have been reading many comments that sound like with the new popularity of non-rifle hunting, too many does are being taken in some lottery areas of the state. Does anyone think we now need to enforce lottery-season rules on bow,rifle/shotgun, and muzzy hunters, not just the rifle/shotgun hunter? It sounds to me like MN should make this change, but would like to hear others thoughts. Thanks

people complain about too many bucks being taken and now we have to worry about does? I took 3 does this year and passed up some bucks because not big enough. I don't see what I did was wrong and I would rather shoot a doe then a 4 point. I don't think we should limit the does unless all there is a huge amount taken in certain areas. I know you gotta be careful of taking too many out of one area but I think in all the days I was in the woods I saw maybe 6 bucks if that. I will still take as many does as I can legally take and try to encourage any friends into doing the same. I know you need to keep a check and balances but I hope they don't reduce the numbers without some reason/data to back their decisions.

code-man,

I don't think he was indicating "you" in the Frazee area, other parts of the state don't have that high of deer numbers like the DNR wants us to think. Just look at the south central ag area along hwy 212 to the western border. Hunters will tell you the numbers are not at record levels like magazines and press releases by the DNR stating "RECORD OR NEAR RECORD HARVEST" might indicate.

This state needs to to a better job at managing the the regions and not the whole state. Just because we have does coming out of our ears in northern MN doesn't mean they need to allow 3+ deer in the southern ag zones...

Regulating Archery? I do know deer are much lower in numbers in the last 3yrs. in the eastern Willmar area.Did see 30-50 deer every evening driving around 3 yrs. ago. I'd see 10-15 a week out my windows at home.Now driving around I may see 2 or 3 and now it rare to see any around home! I often wonder if the DNR over did the permits.