• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

For all you wildlife shooters, new lens

Sigma just announced a 200-500/f2.8. No price information yet, but I am sure you would have to own a bank! Head over to the Sigma site if you want to see a picture of a bazooka! I would provide the link....

I saw a link to that lens posted in another photography forum this morning. It sure made the camera frame look tiny. In addition to owning a bank, you'll need one strong tripod and head to hold that up because hand holding is out of the question.

You can also go to the DPreview Web site. There's info on it there.

Since we can't post links to commercial Web sites here unless they are FM sponsors or staff, I've gone ahead and included an image of this monster, courtesy of Sigma.

200-500.jpg

It also comes with a dedicated 2x converter, so you can turn it into a 400-1000. Sure will be interesting to see how sharp, bright and saturated images are that come from it, as well as how much it weighs and costs. None of those details out yet.

Holy mother...That thing is huge. I don't know if I would want it just because of the size. Where do you store one that large when not in use. Looks like you could read a recipt on the ground from the top of the sears tower with that thing.

And yes, I know we can't link, but I was frustrated because I couldn't find it.