• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

power minnow

slim1

Is there any color that anyone has found that work better or should a guy just get a bunch and try? Also has anyone seen by switching color to make a big difference . thanks Slim

Through the ice... I've been having very, very good luck with the glow power minnows. They have a hint of chartreuse on them as well. The white/chartreuse ones and the smelt colored one have worked well too.

I've got to say, with the way the walleyes on Upper Red have been hitting Power Minnows, I've got a whole new bag of tricks for Lake of the Woods now. I'm actually thinking of playing with the larger sizes, the 3" and 4" for walleyes through the ice. It sure can't hurt to try, eh?

Do they work well around the St.Cloud and south area? Might be a dumb ? but really want to try them when the crappie action is good, love those crappies. thanks for the info I watch and read all the stuff you and Corey and MJ put in it helps greatly. Slim

Yes they'll work here as well when the crappies are in a positive feeding mood.

Also try micro tubes, nuggies, wedgies, noodles and Ratsos. No bait required.

If the lake(s) you are fishing is relatively clear I would start with the Smelt color. When the Crappies are really positive or when fishing in stained water I will opt for the Glow/Chart or Chart/shad. With all the other colors available it pays to have them all because there are certain lakes I fish where they seem to prefer specific colors.

Hope this helps,

Corey Bechtold

The glow color has been good for me this winter as well, but like Corey mentioned, the more natural colors are the way to go in clear lakes. The realfish colors are very nice.

I think the Power Minnows will work in most lakes, they definitely have their time and place...

don't be afraid to try them where ever, and what ever spiecies you fish! i lean more towards the natural colors,( but have to try some of the glow ones this year! grin.gif) i use them on the river sys. for walleye too. i have also used them on a spinner bait( no skirt, just the minnow) for bass and northern .