• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some snow fall pictures from Sunday morning

I took my Nikon D80 out. Had my one and only lens - 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 min. Cropping and conversion made in Adobe Lightroom

Took a drive early Sunday morning on the road from Zumbro Falls to Hammond along the Zumbro river.

The first bend to look interesting is below

1/400s, f/5.3, fl 66mm, ISO 400, converted to BW in Adobe Lightroom

403022172_9cc30e263a.jpg

After a mile this frame seemed to jump out at me.

1/80s, f/8, 90mm, ISO 200, BW in Lightroom

403022057_4ff68b46c5.jpg

The next scene was fodder for several shots. I settled on the below 2. I'm not sure which is best, the original color or the BW version?

1/100s, f/8, 66mm, ISO 200

403021828_b8018bdd9b.jpg

BW same details

403021955_5adddae707.jpg

I prefer the black and white. In the color version my eye is drawn and stays fixed on the blue in the building on the right, but with the B&W my eye wanders more and takes in the scene.

I'll add a picture of my "little one" in the snow. My daughter wanted to try out my snowshoes after one of our recent winter storms. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of her actually walking with them, but did get a portrait of her with them.

mg0607hi5.jpg