• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GPS Graph Reccomendations?

Dances with Walleye

Hey Bro's...

Say I'm looking for some knowledgable advice...

I've worked out a budget of $500 with my fiance's approval, for a GPS graph for my boat. 16' Tracker ProGuide.

I saw a Garmin unit on clearance for $469... But I'm wondering if you guys have some more knowledgeable suggestions...

I'm looking for something split screen...

Preferably color (But not a deal breaker) wink.gif

Navionics of Lake Master compatible

Has GPS, and is also a quality fish finder etc...

And I've been advised from several sources to go with the external antenna.

Thanks in Advance!

Cabela's has a great unit, the Lowrance LCX17, on sale now for $499.00. This is not a color unit but I would put my money in to the number of pixels and wattage, this has plenty of both. This was originally priced at $899.00. I think that Garmin also makes a good product but do not have enough experience (have only owned one Garmin handheld GPS)I have owned one Lowrance Graph, two Lowrance graph/GPS combos (LMS 350 and LCX15)and one non-mapping handheld GPS. I have had minimal problems. What I like the best is that if you have a technical problem/question regarding any Lowrance product they have a tech number that has always been very helpful answering questions about their products. Even products that are a few years old. Lowrance is Navionics and Lake Master compatible also.

Be sure to compare the Watts and pixels (both directions)and also the screen size along with the price. Pixels will determine the sharpness of your image, more power will give you better target separation (two fish that are close together showing up as two fish) among other things and you do not want a small screen if you are going to be split in to 1/2 sonar 1/2 GPS. Hope this helps you make a good decision.

Check Cabelas. They have two Lowrance color GPS units under $500. These are internet only and look to be specially made for Cabelas as the pixel count is less than the LM332 and LM334 as well as the new units. But hard to beat Lowrance. Just a thought.

Quote:

Hey Bro's...

Say I'm looking for some knowledgable advice...

I've worked out a budget of $500 with my fiance's approval, for a GPS graph for my boat. 16' Tracker ProGuide.

I saw a Garmin unit on clearance for $469... But I'm wondering if you guys have some more knowledgeable suggestions...

I'm looking for something split screen...

Preferably color (But not a deal breaker)
wink.gif

Navionics of Lake Master compatible

Has GPS, and is also a quality fish finder etc...

And I've been advised from several sources to go with the external antenna.

Thanks in Advance!

Garmin does not support Navionics. I have been looking at the Humminbirds for two reasons. 1. Link up to the Cannon downriggers. 2. I have tried 4 Lowrance products and all have been defective. The Humminbird 755c is $450