• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mammoth Outfitters Rod

Green&Gold

Does anyone use these? I have the 28" light and I absolutely love it. Problem is, the tip broke off. frown.gif I have looked everywhere for a HSOforum or some contact information to see what my options are for a replacement. Most higher-end rod makers (St. Croix, Thorne Bros., Midwest, etc.) all have great warranty service and I would consider these Mammoth Rods in that class.

The tags say that they are made by a former co-owner of Thorne Bros. (his last name was Thorne) before he split away from the company. Maybe he doesn't make them anymore. I guess if my search comes up empty, I can always just by a new tip for it.

These were a top of the line rod back in the day Jarod. I have a few I got for $5 in a bucket outside MG. I havent seen them for years. Maybe MG has some laying around you can get cheap but I havent seen them. Call Russ and see if he has a HSOforum for them. If not he can tel ya if they are no longer in bussiness.

Northy, I can't believe you found them in the bargain bucket. I talked to Russ about them. He still has them on the normal shelf for $35 a piece. Said he didn't get any more in this year. He also did not have any contact info for them. I'll probably just go with a different tip. The problem will be if I can find one small enough.

BTW, if you still have the ones you paid $5 for, I'll by them from you for triple that! shocked.gif

Did the actual rod break or did the tip just come off (epoxy)? You may be able to bring it to a rod builder and have them add a new rod tip. You may need to put on a single-foot guide for the tip, like on the Thorne rods.

The actual tip broke off, but right at the end. I don't think I will lose too much performance if I find a new tip that will fit. It will just be a 27 1/2" L instead of a 28" L. Oh well. I'm hoping Fisherman's Corner north of Duluth will have the right sized tip.