• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Owners????

bassNspear

Strakes are the aluminum ribs on the underside of the hull.

The IPS 2 has already been added to the Tyee and Pro V and has been now for at least a couple of years. So, no justification for a price increase based on that.. they'll have to find something else for this year tongue.gif

marine_man

I understand what your talking about. There just trying to make the boat even better. Thats good. There is alot of people out there wondering why there so much. But like i have heard, there one of the best boats out there. Still comes down to personal prerefernce, and the price.

I just bought a lowe 175 - hopefully I wont regret it. I really wanted to buy a lund, but I could not resist how much more boat I got for my money with the lowe. I spent 3 hours at a boat show scutinzing every detail and did not see the difference in fit and finsh. The warranties are about the same. The big difference was welded versus rivets. We'll see on that. Hopefully I'm not sorry, but I felt like I got a ton of boat for my money. I compared to the 1700 explorer. the Lund was 4k more once I was done with options

I believe with the IPS 2 the doubled the number of strakes on the boat. My prov has just the IPS and it is a much drier ride that one without them. It helps deflect the water away from the sides and helps miniumize the amount of water coming into the boat from rough water. The handling is improved as well more responsive to what the operator is doing. I agree that Lunds are expensive but in my opinion are the best aluminum fishing boat out there. After all everyone knows that real men drive aluminum boats grin.gif

Everyone seems to have an interesting perspectives on Lund boats.

I think Lund is a premier boat manufacturer. The pricing of their products are primarily set by a few factors. Quality, Innovation, Service, and Market demand. All of which are hard to argue against in this case. Even though they come with what seems like a higher price tag, like stated in an earlier post, they are not that different than say a Crestliner or Alumacraft if compared with similar features. More importantly, these prices can be negotiated with the dealer. I think this is where many people fail to achieve better pricing for their purchase. I guarantee, if you do your homework and talk to a few dealers, you can come away with some significant savings. I have done this on every Lund I have purchased. Last year when I bought my 1800 ProV tiller. I ended up saving around $3900 from the initial quoted price and the actual sell price. This of course included the motor and all accessories. These guys will deal, but you need to be the one aggressively going after it. They are sales people and will try to make the most margin possible to increase their commissions.

And as the old saying goes..."The law of supply and demand", the best time to negotiate is when the supply is great and the demand is low. Off peak times like November - February are the best. These guys will listen to almost anything during the winter months.

Fathead - Excellent post, I couldn't agree with you more. I purchased a 18' Lund Explorer two years ago and ended up getting a great deal by doing research on the features/options of other manufacturers in the same class, shopping multiple dealers, and buying at a non-peak time.

I am fortunate to have a buddy who sells cars, so he gave me some good coaching on how to "play the game". You are absolutely right, you have to be aggressive and never give in to an initial price. Lund builds a quality product and I've been extremely happy with my purchase. I'm not real thrilled with the lack of motor choices on the new models, but my biggest worry is they'll begin sacrificing quality and destroy the Lund brand.