• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Stickers

Black_Bay

Quote:

Will we be allowed on the snowmobile trails during the summer since they are allowed on ATV trails in winter?

Don't count on it. You can wish in one hand and c r a p in the other and see what hand fills up first.

So, here they come again... squeezing more money out of us. But I am sure they will spend it wisely. (Yeah right!) Just another reason to go to Wisconsin. At least until they start to do the same.

We have a cabin in Wisc. and hunt/fish. If you are a non-resident who wants to ride any ATV trails in Wisc. and your machine is not registered there, you have to purchase a $20 yearly sticker same as non-resident snowmobilers.

What a great perk for non-resident landowners who have to pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege to hunt and fish in their great state.

Kirch

Quote:

Will we be allowed on the snowmobile trails during the summer since they are allowed on ATV trails in winter?

Bob

I would say no for the most part because most snowmobile trails are on private property. A lot of snowmobile trails also cross wetlands or are in other places that wouldn't hold up to ATV traffic.

And that is why I register mine in Wisconsin. Shhh don't tell anyone I live in MN. shocked.gif Yeah, I never got that if you have land in another state you should be able to hunt for that same price just like a resident. And what about "No taxation without representation".

Oh Fishon, don't get me started there!!

For the thousand's of dollars in property taxes we pay between my Father-in-law's small cabin and the vacant lot the wife and I have, the children of the local school district should be able to ride to school in limos! What do we non-residents get for services-maybe the rode plowed in the winter.

Alright I'm done ranting.

Kirch

Quote:

Quote:

Bob

I would say no for the most part because most snowmobile trails are on private property. A lot of snowmobile trails also cross wetlands or are in other places that wouldn't hold up to ATV traffic.

I think the 4 wheeler industry/groups should start lobbying for the use of 4 wheelers on snowmobile trails (in the winter only). Since there hasn't been good snow in the past few years, this would help the local economies. I'd be happy to buy a trail sticker for my 4x4 then.

But they do cause damage and the trail riding should only be allowed in the winter after everything freezes up. No damage can occur when the wetlands are froze over.