• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

04 F6 EFI exhaust

knoppers

the oddest thing happened today, my F6 exhaust had about a 1 x 1 hole pop out. this sled has only 2800 miles on it, its a 04, and nothing is rusted through. what would cause this? the hole opened straight out form the Y pipe, just before it bends around to go over the motor. this is a first for me. now I have to find a new pipe, which will cost in the hundreds I bet.

what sooked the worst, I had to limp it back 8 miles, trying not to rev it too high. I hope I did not mess up the motor, with the lack of back pressure. mad.gif

anyone else have this problem with this sled?

I haven't heard of it on this sled or any other for that matter. I've seen them crack but never blow out a whole piece. Were you able to find the piece that broke out? If so you could probably weld it at least temporarily until you can get one. Depending on the metal used and the accessibility it may be able to be permanently fixed.

You probably didn't hurt the motor any. By keeping the rpms down it reduces the building of heat in the cylinders so it shouldn't be an issue.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a common problem in the '03-'06 Firecats. frown.gif On a couple websites I've read a lot of these problems from owners. You can try another OEM pipe, or order a pipe from a different manufacturer, but I bet you would have to get a different muffler box if you go that route.

As an owner of 2 of these sleds I hope I never see it.

Maybe try to find a used pipe..hsolist, salvage places??? Good luck

Yup, I have been there, done that.

My 04' F6 blew out a 4" crack in the area that you described. It was covered under warranty for me...but just barely. You didn't hurt anything on that sled. When it happened to me, I just kept riding it hard for about 120 miles and nothing happenend, so don't worry.

Justin

thanks for the replys.

I could not find the piece, but I just pulled the pipe off today and it was cracked all the way to were the springs attach.

I hope the pipe is in thursday, so I can be back up friday morning, since the season is getting old.

looks like my season could be over (if you call it a season). my pipe is on back order, which makes no sense to me at all. how many of these pipes are in demand? so its looking like the middle of march untill it gets in. I am not happy with actic cat at all. mad.gif