• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What The......???

The Grebe

I over heard my wife talking to our daughter the other day when she came to visit. "Ma, whats this thing?" Referring to my totally packed JR rod bag...."Oh that...thats just your dads fishing purse!" I don't know man? I may have to go back to the bucket thing? grin.gif

To be called a purse it has to be one of two things. 1: Too small to hold more than a 1/8 oz jig; 2: So big it could almost fit a portable fish house in it. If you carry the purse back to the auto, make her carry the fish and clean em when you get home.

Anyone ever see the Seinfeld episode with the "MAN BAG"? "Hey officer stop him he stole my man bag.......(puzzled cop looking at Jerry) Okaaay, Allright, my purse, he stole my purse!" grin.gif Wait till she gets ahold of a gander at your newly bought megamonstorous soft sided tackle box! Oh this old thing.........been hanging around in the garage forever, thought I'd take it out and dust it off a bit! grin.gifgrin.gif

Tunrevir~

T....You know what? My wifes purse WAS heavier then my rod bag, no schmidt! I mean, she axed me to get it for her one day and I couldn't even lift the danged thing!

I'm a pretty strong guy, but I bet that thing must weigh close to tree hundred pounds...and I ain't dat strong!

What I did was put some quilts on the floor and I pushed that sucker off of the dresser....didn't want it to wreck our wood floor, or worse yet, break an eyebrow pencil or something.

Once on the floor, I was able to drag it by the straps into the other room....took me about 10 minutes. When I finally got it to her she says, "Oh, I don't need it now...I found a nail file in the junk drawer!"

She has enough junk strategicly packed into that purse, to fill a steamer trunk and I do believe that for some reason, she secretly carries an anvil around in there? I don't know, maybe she was a blacksmith before we got married?

Anyways, she gave me a two hour course on how pack my rod bag for maximum efficentcy. You guys should confide in the pro's on how to pack those bags! Someone with years of experience, someone that knows, like your wives and your girlfriends.....I can now get 35 rods and reels, two tackle boxes full of tackle, my auger, my lunch, my bait, my extras, and a change of clothes into that sucker! She even taught me the tricks of lifting it up and carrying it around, without having to be admitted to the er!

Thanks to her, when I go fishing, there is nothing that I will need, that can't be found in that rod bag, but I've been wondering if I really need the anvil?