• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jr. and DEI

bassNspear

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/opinion/02/09/dcaraviello.dearnhardtjr.leaving.dei/story_single.html#page2

Here is a fuuny article on what happens to Jr. and DEI if Jr. leaves.

Of course in the 2010 Daytona 500, DEI also has high hopes for this Speedweeks. With Greg Sacks behind the wheel of the No. 8 Family Dollar Chevy, they feel like they have a pretty good shot to make the race.

I agree that Theresa deserves control of the company but she is in an impossible situation. If she loses Jr. she is up a crick. DEI does have a lot of resources and If I were a driver working for one of the crappy no money teams I would go there.

That said if I were her I'd turn over the control to Jr.

I'm a Jr. fan, but it's tough to say. I am sure there are a lot of other issues tied in with the % ownership that have not been made public. On the surface, I will say I am not sure Jr. is deserving of majority ownership. However, he basically became the face of DEI unwillingly on Feb. 18, 2001. Right now, I do question how much heart or desire Theresa has for the buisness though. Basically, Jr. is in the power position, and he has to do what he feels is best for him. I also think that Jr. feels DEI is still not an elite company (they aren't), but he wants to have the say so in getting it there.

In response to Lawdog's comments about Dale's other children... I will say Kelly must be ok with it as she is Jr.'s business manager and is also helping to negotiate his new contract.

Sutty is right, Theresa really is in a lose-lose-lose situation. If she sells to Jr. she loses control of the company she and her husband started, is she dosen't sell she loses her dead husbands son, and the company will probably falter. From what I understand it is Theresas handling of the money that got DEI to what it is.

Is there any good way she can come out of this?