• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well wish us luck.. we put our names into the hat for Montana general deer combo....we are also puttin in for goat tags as well, probably a better chance at that, the area where we have access is some of the best in the state for antelope..so I'm told.

Hey CAJ

I have an acquaintence that's mother and father own 40 sections about a half hour from Miles City...he doesn't hunt but my uncle works for my friends dad and has been going out for the past 20 years or so. I have been told by my friend to go out there in the past, just never planned it out. Well this year I actually planned in advance and am riding out with my uncle, we put in for our mulie buck tags, and June 1st is the goat deadline I gather, so we are going to put in for that area. 40 sections and only about 4-5 hunters per year....goat city with some deer. Another guy I know owns a smaller ranch only about 1000 acres that the tounge river runs though, supposed to be great deer hunting, so we might hunt deer there and head up to the other place for goats...that is if we get drawn!!

I wonder what the chances are for non-resident deer buck tags are. Probably 1-5. I think that goat tags should be easier to get drawn for?

Thanks alot for the offer of assistance, I really do appreciate it!! I may have some ???'s for you at some point..now I just need to keep my fingers crossed.

Stratosman The hardest thing will be getting the tags. You have picked a very good area for huntting. I go down that way 3 or 4 times a year, and always see a lot of nice Deer, and the Goat huntting should be pretty easy to get. From Miles City to the Wyoming border is one of the best areas. You have an inside deal with all the land you have lined up. I have hunted the area north of Miles City before. Circle is a good area for Antelope. It is a lot of fun going out into a big wide open area and see for miles on end. Lots of hills there but no Mountains to climb. Have fun out there. CAJ