• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bud Shootout

LMITOUT

Alright, I'm not one to divulge into conspiracy theories, but what are the chances that NASCAR will let something slide by, say during inspections, so that Toyota can have at least one car in the race??? I mean, think about it! All the millions upon millions upon millions of dollars poured in by Toyota only to NOT make the Daytona 500??? I don't think Toyota or NASCAR can afford that to happen.

As for Toyota winning the Daytona 500....I doubt it. Only if NASCAR allows them to get away with something that gives them an advantage over the other teams. As long as it's an even playing field, I think there are too many other good drivers and crews and cars out there for a Toyota to win.

Quote:

Quote:

there is no way there won't be at least one.

Actually there is no way there won't be at least two....as I said right above your post. Two are already locked in.

Ya, that's what happens when you start a post and then have to do some work and don't finish it til later... DARN WORK!!!!

No, not even close. Back a few years (while, Ok quite a few I guess) you have to remember there were Oldsmobiles, Buicks, Pontiacs, Dodges, Plymoouths, Chryslers, Mercurys, Fords, etc. I bet Richard Petty drove far more than three different kinds of cars. I know Darrel Waltrip drove Buicks, Chevy's and Fords at least.

Evernham should be mad at the almighty Jr. since he wrecked all those cars on the last lap... Really smart driving like that for 8th place. Let's hear the "Jr. is omniscient and omnipotent" crew explain how that wasn't his fault now...

And what does Stewart think Daytona is Bristol or what? Last year he's punting Kenseth now this year he bump and runs Busch for the win. 190 MPH restrictor plate bump and runs??? I don't like Kyle at all, but that's just reckless.

Without a doubt lack luster at best. Stewart looked strong along with David Gilliland. Jr had some handling issues but did look pretty good in the first 20. Looked to me like he bump drafted a little to hard at the end.

Toyota looked to not be there yet and Johnson was not that good without Gordon for help. Jeff also had issues.

I am sure the 500 and the 125's will be better when all team mates are on the track.

My new saying is go Gordon. smile.gif If my luck continues from last year, I may be able to jinx his ride again. smile.gif

Nice to see Smoke starting out strong cool.gif Watched the race but couldn'nt hear anything, have to watch track side tomorrow to see what the 8 has to say!! Looks like the Toyotas have some work to do!! Qualifing should be intresting sunday, practice today looked like alot of guys are sand bagging.

Lawdog "rubin is racin" I don't think that was anything to get excited about!! Its a shoot out, no prize for 2nd place. If know ones there to push you have to do something. I'd bet Kyle or any other driver would do the same.