• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HOP UPS?

DCON

I have an 06 Polaris 700EFI, and so do a few of my buddies, is there anything I can do to make it quicker than theirs? Are there any chips available like there are on trucks to boost horsepower and torque?

Couple options

Easiest....buy a 800 or a Kawi

Others......clutch springs, find out on forums which is best........Intake, pipe, and a programmer to make them take effect. The EFI machines need to have the fuel maps altered electronically through a programmer for more fuel and air...Not as simple as the carbs.

if you going to mess with the clutch its not as simple as just putting in a different spring. Yes it may give you more low end but your just going to lose that off the top.

There are various clutch kits available that change helix's etc. They just allow the RPMs to get higher before it engages. This may be hard on belt life. I would recommend that if you go with any clutch upgrades to do a full kit and get a roller secondary etc and not just change springs. The secondary will help with back shifting and will still allow the quad to climb hills etc without the front end coming up on you.

A clutch kit is a very good way to wake up a quad but can be very hard to dial in. Its amazing what a good setup will do for you. I have a primary and secondary roller set up on my Scrambler and it is night and day difference now that its dialed in, I havent noticed any difference in belt life. Its great for trail riding and way faster than stock.