• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabill Rods

Rozman

Yes I have, in fact I own four of them! They are as sensitive as any ice rod I have ever had the pleasure fishing with. Plenty of power, well enough power to tame the thirty inch walleye I caught and released last week! grin.gif IMO this rod is great value for the dollar and I wouldn't hesitate in buying more! In fact I think I might just do that in case Frabill decides to dicontinue this great series! crazy.gif

I too have the panfish popper, like the rod and reel, but hate the spring bobber. I keep getting my line wrapped up in it's coil spring, it ices up easily, and it's annoying to rethread a line through.

I have not used the Ultra-Ice rods, but they are nice sticks when looking at them in the store. Bear in mind that sensitivity in a panfish ice rod is a non-issue. If you are waiting to feel a strike, I don't care what rod you are using, you are missing probably 95% of your hits. Sensitivity in panfish ice rods is visual - either through the use of a spring bobber, line watching, or sight fishing. That being said, I have 3 of the old Frabill Sensive 18" ultralight rods - they are awesome, beautiful action, very nice rods - I rig them with a homemade springbobber setup similar to the Panfish Popper. I scour garage sales in the summer looking for more of these rods, since they don't make them anymore.

I have 1 of the frabill rod, not the ultra ice but sensive XL dead stick model. It's a great rod with good back bone for pulling big fish. I also use it for panfish and it detects the lightest bite. Very good rod for the money.