• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GPS Help

Lake Trout

My old, and I mean old, Eagle GPS just bit the dust. I used the Search feature on the forums and my head is dizzy with all the info I found. Clear it up for me and give me a push. Is the Lowrance iFinder H2O THE unit to get? Color or greyscale? It takes a map chip like Lake Master, correct?

Yes it takes lakemaster and Navionics. I prefer color but it is a personal preferance. You will get much more life out of your batteries with grayscale.

I myself have a garmin and now I am kinda leaning towards the H2O because of the chips it will take. When I bought mine Garmin supported Navionics but not no more, Kind of a dumb move I would say.

I have two Garmins and the Lowrance H2Oc. They are all great units but the H2Oc is the best unit for the price, IMO.

I have the newest version of the LakeMaster ProMap and I love it. The down side to LakeMaster is that it doesn't have the trade-in/upgrade program like Navionics does.

I spent a little extra money and bought Lithium AA batteries for my H2Oc. I would definitely recomend going with the color even though they use a little more juice than the grey-scale.

Quote:

The down side to LakeMaster is that it doesn't have the trade-in/upgrade program like Navionics does.

confused.gif The new Lakemaster Chip is $79 the Navionics is $150 the older Lakemaster chips can be had for $40.

Sounds like a downside for Navionics to me.....

confused.gif The new Lakemaster Chip is $79 the Navionics is $150 the older Lakemaster chips can be had for $40.

Sounds like a downside for Navionics to me.....

Navionics has a lot more coverage. The great lakes are included from what i understand, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Also alot of other lakes that i fish are on it that are not on my lakemaster chip so it really boils down to what you want but for extra money it is worth it in my book. Looking forward to getting this one. grin.gif