• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chains

Biggerfish

Was hoping someone here could give me a little direction. I was out a couple of weeks ago ice fishing and pulling my drop down house with my wheeler. Had no problem pulling it once I got it moving , but start moving it was a little problem. There was little or no snow on the lake. All four wheels would spin. Do I need chains for all four wheels or will the rears be fine? Also where is the best place to buy them? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I use 3/8" long hex head screws in each of my lugs on my tires. I just have a 2x4 and on glare ice the traction is unbelievable, and it's cheap & easy. Been doing this for about 4 or 5 years without any trouble. Keep in mind I do not ever drive very fast and have never lost a screw, this I know because I take them out after ice season and re-install the next year.

I ran the V bar chains from dennis kirk on my stock tires all 4 and the hoocked up great. Put them on the tires when they were flat, got them as tight as I could then aired up the tires. No slop at all at any speed. Going with hex screws would be alot cheaper, the ice races do it all the time with their bikes and wheelers. looking at studding another set of tires.... maybe... sense I sold my stock rubber with the chains.