• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

98 SKIDOO MXZ OVERHEATING

LIVE4FISH

I WAS ON MILLE LACS LAKE AND THERR IS VERY LITTLE SNOW. i DON'T THINK THE SLED IS LIQUID OR FAN COOLED. I TOOK THE SLED 7.5 MILES AND MY TEMP GUAGE CAME ON. THERE WAS A LITTLE ANTI-FREEZE COMING OUT, SO I SHUT IT DOWN AND LET IT COOL OFF. IT DID THE SAME THING ON THE WAY BACK. ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE.

PS I WAS ALSO TOWING ABOUT 50 LBS. ANY SOLUTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Live4fish,

I'm no sled head but you do have a liquid cooled snowmobile "i DON'T THINK THE SLED IS LIQUID OR FAN COOLED" . You answered your own question: "THERE WAS A LITTLE ANTI-FREEZE COMING OUT". Follow were the leak is and start from there. Pulling a 50lbs sled should not cause your sled to over heat. If your not comfortable working on snowmobiles I would recommend taking it into a mechanic. Good Luck.

meat-run confused.gif

If there was very little snow or what was there was hard packed its not unusual to run hot especially at low speed.

The heat exchanger is mounted up above the track and needs snow thrown up on it to cool properly. Make sure to check the coolant level. Next time you are out, try to find loose snow to drive in even if its a bit out of the way. Otherwise you'll need to stop and cool down once in a while if the light comes on.

Yes definitely! Snow must be in contact with the heat exchanger in order to cool the engine since air flow alone cannot do it. The only way to get snow onto it is by driving through it fast enough to throw it up there. In addition to liquid cooling it is also cooled a small amount by airflow through the hood openings. Make sure the openings are all open. (some models are able to open and close for deep snow conditions)