• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2006 tracker pro guide v-16???

Snake River  King

Hello guys looking at a new none current tracker v-16 pro guide boat with a 60hp mercury efi 4 stroke motor on it, they want $10,995 for it and looks pretty good but just wondering what everone else thinks of it? good deal? should I buy it? enyone else have enything similar? grin.gif

I paid a grand more for my 2005 V16 WT model with a 2 stroke Merc 50HP. I would say for that price, you are getting a good deal. You will like the extra HP (you will be maxed out). the boat handles supurb. I use mine on Lake Superior in the summer with downriggers. Just love the boat. I can get about 26-28 mph out of my 2 stroke 50 Merc.

Hi . I have an '05 Tracker Pro Guide V with a 50 and I like it but its just a little underpowered and 3 in the boat is too much especially fishing muskies . If your able get the 17' Targa or the 18' Tundra - do that , I wish I had . Thing is if you fish it , the 16' , for a year and want to trade up to a little bigger boat you'll get about little more than 1/2 of what you paid in trade in . I bought mine May of last year and asked about trade in around Feb. and they allowed little over 1/2 + 3000.00 down . I'm not trying to be negative because they are a good boat just offering up some opinion. Maybe ask your boat dealer what trade in would be . Won't hurt to know . Good luck .

Quote:

Hello guys looking at a new none current tracker v-16 pro guide boat with a 60hp mercury efi 4 stroke motor on it, they want $10,995 for it and looks pretty good but just wondering what everone else thinks of it? good deal? should I buy it? enyone else have enything similar?
grin.gif

I bought the 2006 Tracker Proguide V-16 with 50 horse 2 stroke last year... For 10,999.

For the most part I was very happy with it.

Fishing wise it really took care of me and I was VERY impressed with how well it handled big water...

Took it out in some 2 an 3 footers on Winnie, and got caught with my pants down when a wind storm blasted onto Mille Lacs... I was 6 miles out and stuck in 4 foot waves (Some of which were starting to roll.) And I made it back in.

The Rod locker, when properly managed is nice and bit... I can put 5 rods in it easy... Then keep my 5'9" in the captains Locker.

The live well is nice and huge.

The Bilge Pump really cranks it out... Which is nice when you get caught in those storms and start taking on wave action water!!!!

The fishabilty is great... That 85" beam makes for A LOT of fishing space... You can get around, bring a cooler, and not be crammed in together.

For me at 6'6" 285, the fact that the captains console is spacious and set back is AWESOME, and was one of the big selling features over Lund, Alumacraft, and Crestliner.

Now as for the down sides...

Oil seal went to heck on me... But that was a Merc Recall.

The 50 HP is a little under powered... But not bad at all... I was able to get up to 28 MPH with a tail wind. wink.gif You'll just never pull a skier with it.

It has a tendency to really not want to start up when she's cold. But once you get her started the first time, it's no problem from there.

The factory provided 40 pound trolling motor is a little weak for it... I wish I would have bought an upgrade... But still manageable at a top speed of 2.8 MPH.

The X-25 graph that comes with it is a piece of Donkey-Sh*t...

What I'm doing with it, is this year I'm having a nice big and fancy GPS graph installed on a ram arm, and then running the X-25 off the front.

What I would do in your shoes...

Right out the gate I would upgrade the Trolling motor to say a 60 pound model with the Finder built into it... And then pay the extra for the upgrade to the Lowrance 125 on the captain console.

The weak points of the boat are in it's power... It still meets the basic needs... But it's nice to have a little something more.

The ergonomics and fishability are great... And if I had to do it all over again I would... I would just get the trolling and graph upgrades.

You hit it right on the head Dances W/Walleye . The trolling motor , I have the same one , required constant attention . So much in fact I wore out the foot pedal micro switch and have to get a new one . Anybody got the 411 on the wireless controls ? And the graph shows fish plentiful enough to walk across the water on them . I use it for depth only , its pretty accurate in that sense . Overall I really like it .

Quote:

You hit it right on the head Dances W/Walleye . The trolling motor , I have the same one , required constant attention . So much in fact I wore out the foot pedal micro switch and have to get a new one . Anybody got the 411 on the wireless controls ? And the graph shows fish plentiful enough to walk across the water on them . I use it for depth only , its pretty accurate in that sense . Overall I really like it .

I did notice a little bit of vibration in the Trolling motor late in the season... But chalked it up to being a bolt that probably needs a little tightening.

LOL... Yeah I forgot about the Excessive fish on the locator...

I had to turn my sensativity down to 50% before it got realistic... Before that point it was marking every stray floating weed and turtle fart in the lake as a massive lunker!

But really the biggest flaw with owning a tracker is the customer service...

I'm pretty sure there is a schitzophrenic, doped up on a bucket of thorazine, with his wrists chained to his ankles, drooling on himself, who can be more helpful and accurate than the customer service and service departments run by tracker.

I'm serious... You could fire every one of those guys, replace them with a crew of retarded monkeys, and customer satisfaction would go up!

Well.......I bought a 2006 pro guide v-17 with a 115 optimax for 12,500 thru link rec. Very nice boat although i will admit it is NOT as nice as a crestliner or a lund but it is very solid and stable in the water especially with the new all welded hulls. Sounds like an o.k. price.

Quote:

Well.......I bought a 2006 pro guide v-17 with a 115 optimax for 12,500 thru link rec. Very nice boat although i will admit it is NOT as nice as a crestliner or a lund but it is very solid and stable in the water especially with the new all welded hulls. Sounds like an o.k. price.

Watch out for the service department with Link Rec... Those guys slow, shady, and love to give you advice that puts more money in their pocket regardless of whether it's in your best interest or not!

Anything that you need those trained chimps to service for you, you should expect at least a three week wait!

*for the record I used to really be a big fan of their service department... But they proved me different!

I talked with the " NEW " Tracker rep from Gander Mountain at the Duluth Boat show today . He says that Gander Mountain in Hermantown will be selling Tracker Boats and when I mentioned the Displeasure with Links Service Department he stated the Customer Service was going to be #1 priority . We'll see but it sounds like a step in the right direction .

I should have said it in my opinion.

I have fished out of a tracker before, and fished out of a crestliner before. They are both smooth rides, but the crestliner is a bit smoother becuase of there hull.

Plus, your going to get more for your money when in comes to crestliner. They dont cut corners, not saying that tracker dont, but they do alot of stuff different then the rest.

Im not saying that tracker isnt a good boat, im just saying, that i feel a crestliner is a better built boat.

I'm not familiar with Crestliner boats so I am just curious how its built better . I have broke 3" of ice for 1/2 mile to get to a fishin' spot with my Tracker . I have also sat on Round Lake ( by Hayward ) in 4' rollers , sleet , snow & 38 degrees for hours with a 200 , 300 & 450 lb. gaggle of Musky Fishermen on board and not a glitch . I'm looking to get a bigger boat soon ( re: 450lb. fishin' buddy ) so if you have any more specifics on how those Crestliner Boats are better built , I'm all ears .

Only Crestliner offers the non-prorated LIFETIME+3 Protection Plan that covers hull welds for the original owner for life. Other warranties might say 20-years, 50-years or even "lifetime." But read their fine print and their claims crumble. In addition to crestliners lifetime hull protection, they cover virtually everything else from bow-to-stern for 3 years.

Without question, this is the finest hull in the aluminum boat industry. Every rivet-free seam is welded with a revolutionary tongue-in-channel technique. There welds are so strong they cover the external hull, to the original owner, for life.

Deep-V hull, a reverse-chine design and reverse-chine team up for a superior ride

Crestliner/ like the bed liner, under every compartment unstead of wood or metal.

Your getting more boat for the money. My opinon