• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do stocked trout taste like?

skiinglady

Myself, I think they taste kind of funky...might be what they feed them at the rearing ponds...I've heard it's something like liver, or blood pellets, a nonvarying diet to keep production costs in line?

Most of those trout stocked in the lakes like Cenaiko and courthouse pond, don't live long enough to aquire anything from their envoirment, except maybe someones bait!

In open water, I think smaller stream trout are okay and I think smaller brook trout are actually good.

A lot of what a fish tastes like is what they eat. We do fish stocked trout lakes, but we don't head over there just after the truck leaves(these aren't metro lakes either) and by the time we are catching them they have been eating what the lakes has to offer for at least a few months so the probably have gotten rid of that stocked fish taste. But they taste dang good cool.gif