• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cajun Mono Line?

c&amagn

I just spooled up my ice rods this season with the Cajun ice. So far, so good. I like the theory, but wether it helps or not I guess I don't know. It's about the same price as other monos on the market, so what have I really got to loose.

I'm looking forward to trying it in open water.

I pretty much have used it for leader material. No real twist problems, but it's after a barrel swivel. Haven't had any real problems with it, but I also haven't become a rabid fan of it, either.

We found there are a couple styles/types. One is great for spinning reels, and I have used 10# for some great smallie action in clear water. The other is horrible for spinning reels, but works great on the bait caster. I can't recall the names, but whichever is touted as the "tough" one, that is the one to NOT use on spinning. Get the right one on th eright reel type and you will like it.

I've used it 3-4 different times in different applications. I have no opinion on whether the red color helps or not, I haven't noticed it making any difference. I haven't noticed any problem with twisting, actually it seemed like a rather stiff line. It's probably the stretchiest mono I've ever used, and I pretty much hate that about it. There's only 1 thing I use it for now, and that's backing on my line counter reels (it's not very expensive line). Not sure if this helps you or not, but good luck.

I had it on three reels this summer and thought it worked great. It seemed stronger to me than berkely XL for sure. I liked it but I'm gonna try some flouro lines this season and see how I like those in comparison. All the cajun I've seen was cheaper than most other lines and I suggest you try it on atleast one rig this season. Their ice line seems to work just as well.