• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

License Help....WalleyDan?

fishinmedic

Hi all, I having a problem getting a fishing license for a German exchange student living with me. The problem isn't on the DNR side, it's on the bait shop side. I can't find a store that knows how to deal with a passport, while at the same time issuing a MN resident license. I talked to the DNR and they told me that their computers are set up for this issue, I just can't find a clerk that knows how to set it up. According to the DNR he needs a resident license, not an out state/country one. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas. I live in the Deerwood area and was planning on travelling up WalleyeDan's way this weekend to pick up tickets for the ice fishing contest. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

FishinMedic

Sorry, I'm not Walleydan either (I'm Walleyedan). I will talk with Sherree at S&W Bait and see what she has to say. We have had people from all over Creation out fishing and there have only been a couple of times where they weren't able to get a license. I would guess she would be able to handle it. But I will talk to her and get back to you.

Walleyedan

If your exchange student gets a student ID card from the school they are attending and shows it to a license distributor, that should work. I know when I went to college in WI, all I had to do was show them the school ID card and my driver’s license. They used the drivers license number as their hunter ID number and I got all instate privileges. MN may be different (and obviously more difficult) but it is worth a shot.

Dan, sorry for the typo. According to the DNR, he does qualify for a resident license. As stated before, I just can't find a clerk that can process it. I'll be in Brainerd this weekend, have to take my VPG back to Gander and get a new one (short in the battery line). I'll pop up to S&W to get my contest tickets and talk with Sherrie.

fishinmedic