• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Structure on a String

tdk

I had to laugh the other day. I was putting my SOS down and giving it a try the other day. I saw some other fishman watching me. It wasn't too long they were over asking what the heck I was doing and what I was using. It was the same reaction I had the first time I heard about it. I don't know for sure helped that night but I was still catching fish when I finally decided to call it a night and head in.

When fishing in the diamond shape I like to sit in the middle of the diamond when I make my structure fairly big. I have gone as far as 9 feet from tip to tip. Depending on water clarity is how I determine how wide/tall the diamond will be. The clearer the water the farther I go-- Reasoning for me is then I can see everything with my Marcum 560.. The panning feature shows me all my SOS'S..

As far as getting tangled- NEVER!! (So Far/knock on wood) I have more of a problem catching my camerea then my SOS'S.. From my trial and errors I have found a group of SOS's works well, BUT if you can spread them apart from each other helps A LOT!!!!! When I first tried them I put them fairly close thinking I could hold perch and other pannies.. Then I noticed the Northerns like that to much.. As I started to spread them out, the bluegills started to swim between SOS to SOS and hung around longer.. The Northerns still come through but they don't camp out as much!!!

Hope this Helps,

Beef

I know im biased due to my zero experience wiht this product but the first time i saw that i said OMG. I feel that this type of thing is for fisherman who cant find thier own fish or drill out a 100 holes to figure out the structure that they are on......I get away from crowds of people and fishing isnt always great but when it is we usually draw the crowd frown.gif if structure on a string helps them out and keeps them away from me im all for it. grin.gif

Bass,

You have a point, BUT what the SOS bring's to the table is another option to give fish something to hold onto while your fishing. Finding fish can be easy or tough depending on many factors, but when you do find the fish and you do use the SOS's, you will notice that fish like pannies will hold in the area longer even with the predators like Northerns around. It won't help you locate fish better and won't make you a better fisherman, what it will do is give you more chances or opprotunities to catch fish by giving the fish some strucure to relate too.

Good luck,

Beef

Question for you S.O.S users...

Lets say you are fishing over 30+ fow and the crappies are suspended at about 15 ft. Have you ever tried dropping your S.O.S down to the suspended fish and have it just dangle like a plum bob, or do you always drop it to the bottem? If they stick close to the structure would they do it at this level as well? Just thinking out loud...

CA