• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

01Dodge Ram--Passenger side blinker

Huskie

Question

I have another one for you guys. Last night the turn signal was blinking at about twice the speed as normal. I also noticed that the front worked but the rear turn signal on that side did not. Is that normal (blinker speed)if one of the bulbs is burned out? And do I need to take out the bedliner to replace the bulb????? Or can it be done from the underside of the truck?

10 answers to this question

Yes it is normal for vehicles to blink faster when one bulb is burned out, it's done so you know there's a problem

You should be able to replace it from outside, otherwise from underneath bed, there is no access panel under bedliner.

Quote:

I have another one for you guys. Last night the turn signal was blinking at about twice the speed as normal. I also noticed that the front worked but the rear turn signal on that side did not. Is that normal (blinker speed)if one of the bulbs is burned out? And do I need to take out the bedliner to replace the bulb????? Or can it be done from the underside of the truck?

Don't quote me on this....

But I can't completely remember if the screws are on the outside of the light, or if they're on the inside of the box.

You'll have to take the light assembly out to get to the light bulbs.

I know on the '03 and newer ones, the screws are inside the truck bed, not accesible from looking at the light from the outside of the bed.

I can't remember what the '94-'02's were like that I had. Seems like they were the same way, but I could easily be mistaken.

Valv might be right, that they could be accesible from underneath, but it'll be 200% easier to just pry the bedliner back and put a piece of 2x4 or something in there to hold it and pop the light out.

Quote:

He's right.... I couldn't think right this morning.

I should have just walked out and looked at mine.

That's exactly what I thought, should have been less lazy and looked it up.

I did look at that this morning, what kind of head do those screws have, not reg or philips, some type of square head I assume. That panel that they hold is pretty narrow though, can you reach the bulbs from there?