• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

release

moby1

ohh boy...what makes anything better than anything else? Usually its bells and whistles.

The more expensive releases usually have more adjustability to them. So you can get them just how you want them. Some you can adjust the lenth to your finger, some even trigger pull.

For target i shoot a carter, for hunting I shoot a scott.

I use a scott wildcat, these are the new ones that have the forward trigger design. It minimizes draw length loss without sacrificing strength and durability. It's works great for me because I have a short draw length.

I shoot a winn free flight C10 release. It is a glove style and it doesn't add to length to your draw. I switched from a wrist strap to this when I broke a bone in the top of my hand from the wrist strap in my old release. Also the glove style makes it feel like you are pulling 10lbs less.

One thing to look for in a release is lack of travel. When you pull the trigger mechanism, there should be (essentially) no travel- it shouldn't move at all until all of a sudden, your arrow's off and running. Cheaper releases tend to have noticable travel. High quality releases have little or no travel.