• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metal detectors.

SCUMFROG

Question

7 answers to this question

We went to rent one a couple of years ago to find the property line. The guy at the rental store said not to get a metal detector but something like a spectro something or another. I cant remember. The reason being is that there is so much iron in the ground it is almost impossible to not get a metal reading anywhere. Call a rental company and ask them what they suggest.

I have an old...I mean old White's that I've had for over 20 years and it was used when I got it. It has never failed me. There are several good units available and I'll say don't go too cheap, my next unit will cost around 800$ I'm sure you can get a decent one for around 400. Virtually all of the units have the 'ground balancing' feature which lets you tune out native iron in the ground. They are a whole lot of fun and I have found some really interesting things.

Good Luck

Mueller

We have one that I have never used, but the kids spent a better part of a week digging small holes in the back yard last summer. mad.gif I'll have to check on the brand/model, but I think it's from Radio Shack. They found all kinds of things. I had a pile of old rusted nails and other odds and ends, most of which you couldn't tell what it was, but they had a blast.

i have a radio shack which is made by bounty hunter.

i go out with a friend who has a brand new whites.

we both find about equal

i can not justify spending the extra money on a white,s

i say bounty hunter is a great unit at a reasonable price

Quote:

I'm thinking of getting a metal detector this spring. Does any one have one that could give me some pros and cons about brands and what to look for?

Think of all the Treasures you'll find in between your place and the Pink Cabin..... shocked.gif