• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

chumming

nitefisher

I looked all over in the regs and couldn't find chumming. Always thought it was illegal but??? I figure if you wanted to puree a bunch of minnows and chum down your hole that would be okay.

A buddy of mine used to (probably still does) make a batch of white rice and periodically drop it down the hole to attract fish. He swears by it. Can't say if this is legal or not either but he's done it for years.

Copied from this week CO reports (Hibbing)

An angler was observed dumping fish parts from the previous days catch down a nearby ice fishing hole. The angler thought it would attract other fish. He was advised to read the fishing regulations and enforcement action was taken.

thank you guy's for all your reply's, it is noted to be a no no. some of the laws are just crazy, but i guess if we were to start dumping things in our lakes it would at some time do something in the wrong direction to them. thanks my friends. merry christmas to you all.