• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bohemian waxwing winter (pics included)

Steve Foss

I've posted the first image before, but the second one is a first. Was combing the archives. I think I like the second one better, actually. Amazing what you can miss the first time around. In Ely, winter is Bohemain waxwing time! Enjoy. grin.gif

Canon 20D, Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso200, 1/400 at f7.1 handheld

bwaxwings-1.jpg

1/500 at f8, handheld

two-eat.jpg

Knoppers, it's a mountain ash.

Tippman, Bohemians and cedars are two different species. Bohemians are a bit larger, their calls are more coarse than the cedar, they have rusty under-tail coverts and more color and more varied colors of "wax" on the wings.

jimalm, IS can make almost anyone a steady hand. grin.gif

Tippman, cedar waxwings can be found throughout Minnesota year-around, according to my Sibley guide. Bohemians nest in northern and western Canada, and are winter visitors to the northern half of Minnesota.