• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pendelum Sights...

cupper

Anybody have any input on these? I am thinking about getting a Trophy Ridge matrix, but I have heard some good things about Pendelum sights. Any opinions or expereince is appreciated.

Thanks!

I have a Vital Gear pendulum sight, this is my third year with it. I love it. It's tough, it gets banged it doesn't move or break & I don't ever have to worry about any height adjustment for steep angles. I've taken 9 deer with it in that time. I undoubtedly could have taken them regardless of the sight, but it's very comfortable for me. Not sure if all pendulums are single pin, but mine is.

You can get some pendulums that are multi pin. I've seen some 3 pin pendulums that Cobra makes. I guess I haven't been the biggest fan of them, since I like to be able to aim without having to mess with the sight, just have to pick the right pin and fire. Unless you're absolutely sure the deer is going to be at that distance, they don't seem to be practical to me.

I used one for 2 years and was very happy. Then I bought a new Trophy Ridge Matrix as this was the new one out. This past fall I went back to a pendelum and wont leave it. I liked it very well and really center punched deer and didnt have to worry if the deer was real close to the tree that I was hunting in . I always shot my deer in the wrong place with very close shots with the other.

I bought a new single pin as this is all I believe a guy needs. I love them. I sighted it in at 20 yards as instructed and then I have no worry as to the distance within 25 yards. If the deer is a little farther away I just raise it up a hair. I use it for the benifit of the very close shots. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I used to use a Savage Featherweight Pendulum sight. Shot two does with it about 3 years ago. It was really nice to not have to pick a pin to use. However this year I changed to a fixed pin Copper John sight. I was getting a vibration from it when I shot. Before I started to shoot the Bowtech I was shooting a older Hoyt. The pendulum sight didn't make a noise but with the faster bow there is more shock when I shoot so the pendulum actually started to vibrate some. With the fixed pin Copper John I don't have that problem. So now I have a pendulum that is collecting dust.

I personally don't see a reason to buy a pendilum. If you know that your distance is from tree base to deer you will be fine. Bottom line if you practice from a stand or high place you will find a pendilum obsolete. I would personally look at a good fixed sight with multiple pins or one adjustable pin.