• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Great American Symbol

There are few creatures that are as graceful in the air as the Bald Eagle. I have recently taken quite a few shots of these beauties of the sky, here are a few I'd like to share. smile.gif

baldeaglewideopen2fy1.jpg

eaglewingsdown2no0.jpg

baldeaglecruisingonby2rx2.jpg

baldiecruising2jpgoc4.jpg

baldiecupped2aj9.jpg

baldieonalert2gh5.jpg

baldiedriven2vh2.jpg

Finally, stopping to take a drink.

baldiedrinkingonice2xz7.jpg

You guys are kind, I appreciate the words and am just glad you appreciate the pictures. I personally like the top picture the most, actually blew it up and framed it yesterday. I like my Eagle with brown sugar and fried onions. tongue.gif

Muchos gracious! grin.gif I took a stroll for a few hours on New Years Day and ran across a few more feathered friends... they unfortunately were pretty spooky today and wouldn't let me get too close. Here's what I ended up getting....

3yearoldeagleopenwingsjz0.jpg

lowrider2hq5.jpg

camoflauged2er7.jpg

incomingandoutgoing2jk4.jpg

Then while I was watching the eagle, a threesome of Mallards spooked up and started flying in the direction of the Eagle, I saw the opportunity .. waited, waited and got lucky to get the Ducks in focus with an eagle for the background. smile.gif

ducksflyingbyeagle2xc3.jpg

Somebody call 911, we have a jumper!! shocked.gifshocked.gif

jumper2ms9.jpg

Wonderful pictures.

I like the first one with wings outstretched. The diagonal works great. All the pictures have good DOF and great focus of the eagle.

What iso did you shoot at and other technical details?

that very last one in your last post is a great photograph. Your cropping is very effective. I don't know what was in the rest of the shot (a tree perhaps?) but the cropping really makes it stand out.

Quote:

What iso did you shoot at and other technical details?

Carl, I "almost" always shoot ISO 400 when I'm hand holding the camera, I'' lower it to ISO 200 as well. This was at ISO 400 F/8 I'm pretty certain. I "usually" shoot between F/8 - F/11 if possible... it really depends on the available light, I like to get atleast 1/800 sec shutter speed and prefer 1/1250 sec for flight shots. I'm currently on a mission to get some extremely close Redtail Hawk photo's... we'll see if my "pre-work" pays off this weekend. tongue.gif If your ever up for visiting the MN River Valley, you are welcome to join me. smile.gif