• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WB again

Cooter

Well I've hunted with a whisker biscuit for two years now and overall have been pleased with it. I think for me the pros outweigh the cons except for one - noise. I've run into a few situations where I've alerted deer on the draw, which obviously is not a good thing. I've been using Express Terminators and am gonna experiment with a small piece of moleskin in the bottom of the rest - I cut and installed a piecs earlier but it 'increased' the size of the arrow slot and I ended up with arrow contact on the top side of the arrow. Would like to try again but somehow trim the slot to enlargen it - or go to the next larger size. I know this topic has been discussed previously, but I don't think its been touched since this past archery season. So any reports/comments would be great! Guess I'm a simple guy(KISS principle) and am leary of drop aways and moving parts - is it time to get over my fears or what? Thanks as always, later.

Its best to stay away form arrows that have a camo coating. They will make the most noise in the WB, especially in the cold when the bristles are really stiff. I know there has been a lot of discussion on the quietest arrows for the WB and I think they are Beaman ICS. They are a very good arrow to boot.

Powerstroke is right on. It's the finish on your arrows. I have a half dozen of the terminators that I can only shoot for practice becasue they make that screetching noise. I shoot Beman ICS hunters, or Easton Epics (both non camo finished) currently and both are dead silent in the WB. I've also had good luck with Maximas and AXIS arrows but don't see an accuracy benefit of spending more for those again. WB is great for hunting but like all equipement out there there is a downside someplace. 1 for the WB is the noise on some arrows.

The Terminators I shoot have no camo on them, I just bought another half dozen - the next batch will probably be some Beman or Easton Axis. Has anyone tried putting a light coat of vegetable oil on their shafts? I'm gonna exp. with the moleskin come the end of the year. Thanks.

I know people who've tried every solution under the sun to make them quieter. The problem is that an individual bristle has such a small surface area that it scratches right through any lubricant or coating. In theory the best solution would be a perfectly smooth coating. The screetching is the bristles catching all the imperfections in the coating. Even black can be bad like you said since it was painted black and is a poor quality coating. The camos are the worst cause they are layered painting or textured.

I have also had the same problem with the wb. I did shoot the black maxima 250's last year but this year I changed to the 350 hunters in camo they are definitely quiter than than the 250's in black. My dad shoots the axis arrows with the small wb and his is very quite. Maybe try the larger wb insert if you have a shop near you. I shoot tha larger one and it tests great and shoots great.