• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Season Deer Hunt

i don't shot gun hunt, but the reports i've gotten. the one group filled out sunday.( i think there were five in the group.) nothing huge. coupl eof nice 8's one big 9( it has a big 5 pt rack on one side and goofed up other) and some does with bonus tags. another two guys filled out sat. 2 med. bucks, and three nice does.another group of 5, got two dink bucks, one med 8 and a better 8, three button bucks, and three or four does. another guy got a med. 8. haven't heard of anything huge, yet!

Cold weather kept most either home, or in the trucks.

Not many hunters out around here, either. I think they either are waiting for snow, or went to southern iowa.

My nephew did shoot his first buck, saturday morning, about 9:30.

Just got back late last night from SW Iowa. Had a great trip other than the wind was never less than 20 mph at any given time over the 4 days we were there. My hunting partner took a nice 154 inch 11 point on opening day evening. We messured the deer ourselves so this is probably off by a little. He also took a doe yesterday to fill his last tag. I took a medium 8 point on the first afternoon. and a small doe to finish off my tags. We saw 250 to 300 deer in the 4 days we were there.

I will try to post some picks of the bucks if I can when I get them downloaded.

Good luck to those of you hunting the second season.