• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which ATV...The 2007 Polaris Sportsman or Polaris Sportsman X2

Swill

Hi ATV users...

I have never owned an ATV and I am looking at 2 Polaris Sportsman ATVs. The 2007 Polaris 700 EFI Sportsman and the Polaris x2 500 EFI.

Given my atv will mostly be used for bowhunting and icefishing i was thinking the extra cargo box and fold out seat on the x2 would be pretty cool. Plus I could load my gear in there when my otter lodge icefishing house was loaded up.

So is the x2 a good machine? Will it ride as good as the standard 700 EFI Sportsman?

Thanks

Swill

I guess I would go with the 700 efi being that it lists for $200 less than the X2 500, and plus you get the added power. I would then take that extra money that you save on the 700 efi and put that money towards a Monster Box. Just my opinion.

I would also look into the option of picking up a 2006 Polaris four-wheeler. There are a lot of good deals going on right now if you do a little researsch. I did see 2006 Polaris' advertised in the paper yesterday which included a 500 efi going for $5399 and a 700 efi listing for $5899.

Bob, I see that you use the track system in the winter. How do you rate the system and if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to have them installed on your 800? I have a 700 Sportsman and I am seriously looking at installing a set of tracks on her.

Any imput would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

I really like the tracks. It's like having a snowmobile. The ride is so smooth. On glare ice it's like anything else you need studs but I don't see to much glare ice to worry about it. You can plow snow with them but I haven't. Last year they ran around 3K but I seen them on sale for $2500. They can go as fast as your machine can go. I didn't open it up all the way but I took it up to 55 for about a 100 yards. I was on a small lake at the time. These are for the Sportsman only not the x2.

Thanks for the feedback Bob, it's much appreciated! I like to hear first hand from someone who has actually tested a product. I guess it all depends on how much snow we have to contend with. Lots of snow, the tracks would be the way to go and visa versa!

Thanks again! wink.gif