• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Muzzleloader?

BGP

I am a long time deer rifle hunter that wants to try my hand at muzzleloading. I have purchased the all season license and have a place to hunt in the metro area during the muzzleloader season. I am going to purchase a muzzleloader but have no idea what to look for. Can anyone out there help a newbie with suggestions on what to buy? I'm looking for something fairly easy to use. I would prefer not to spend too much in the event I don like it.

I have a New England Firearms Huntsman with the Stainless barrel.

I love it. The one thing I dont like is their sights, so I upgraded them.

Gun was $200, sights were about $40.

Nice compact gun, very nice system for inserting the primers, easy to clean/disassemble.

You can also buy rifle barrels, shotgun barrels, etc to use on it as well.

check out this site...www.midwayusa.com check out there muzzleloaders. I would suggest either a CVA or Thompson Center. Both are great guns but get a stainless or nickle barrel. it will be easier to clean. Nice starters are CVA Kodiak or Wolf and Thompson Center Omega, z7 x5 type guns.

BGP

I've had a knight for 12 years, been very happy with it, no need to spend lots of $$$ on some of the new guns, stay with the basics, but make sure you use a 209 system, it will save alot of headaches, good luck with the smole pole this year