• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gears of War!

DTro

Just picked up my copy for the 360 today.....

Played for a couple hours, and even with that little of a time, my thoughts are that this could very well be the best game I've ever played! That's saying a lot. (I started with Atari 2600).

It's kind of like Halo, but even better!

I also picked up Call of Duty 3, but it might stay in the wrapper for a while tongue.gif Might even have to return it at this rate. My God what a kick butt game.

Sony could be in for a world of hurt if their supplies are low this holiday season and word spreads about this game.

Bring on the snow and -40 I'm ready to play.

I saw the promo on G4 for the launch of the game.

Ohhhhh Baby!!!! I had to wipe up the coffee table after drooling all over it for a half hour.

I immideatly told the wife I needed the X-box 360 because of that game....

Lets say I need to work a little more on my sales pitch for this one.

Looks like a sweet game.

can't wait to play.

thanks

Larry

dtro - can you play online against others aka Halo 2?

do you know if Call of Duty 3 can be played aka Halo 2?

if so, this video clip has sold me on it!!

although talking my wife into a 360 is NOT going to be easy. She's job hunting so big purchases are out for awhile.

maybe I can get the Call of Duty 3 for standard Xbox to hold me over for awhile

The video I posted IS an online match. It's only 2v2, but you get the idea. The only bad part is 4v4 max, but on these small maps 8 people is plenty.

I've also been playing the new Rainbow Six Vegas.....also VERY fun.

Most of the stuff I play is online (Live).

Quote:

alright, I just rewatched the video and I'm taking the plunge. Microcenter in St Louis Park has a $100 rebate on the 360 until Dec 3rd. and I'm picking up Gears of War as my first game!

I don't think you'll be disappointed BBG.

Just so you know.....if you want to play online, you'll have to get a Live account which is 49.99 per year.

I really think it's a good deal though. You can download demos for a good percentage of the games. You can also download patches and add on packs for the games.

A new thing they are implementing is downloadable movies, some of which are in HD!

If you do take the plunge and get a Live account, send me a friend invite...."DTro".

That goes for anyone. It would be fun to play with fellow FM'ers

Quote:

Ya I would have to agree fun game. I play allot of Tiger 07 on line. My online name is PorcelanPunishr. The only prolbem with this game there is allot of free time in between shots for drinking.

Yeah, that's funny. I had the same problem with Links, take a shot/golf then take a shot/drink.

I really liked Links and sure hope they come out with a 360 version.....that and a decent fishing game. grin.gif

dtro and rippen - expect to see an invite from Bigbartguy after Xmas. Wife told me I cant open until Xmas - ugh!

she's hasnt said anything about all of my planned ice trips yet, so I'm following her decision (for now) grin.gif