• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crossbow help??

Lund 95

I am looking at getting a crossbow in the near future. Can anyone offer any suggestions on what brand is reliable?

I know not alot of people use them but any info would be great. I need to have it set-up for mostly one armed operation

Ten Point would probably be the way to go. I know for sure that some of those have powered cockers. I use a barnett with the cocking aid. But you definately need two hands to cock it with that.

I got one for my dad and I also got the reel to crank the string in it works great you can do it all with one hand smirk.gif. I would go with the TEN POINT as well. with every thing and case I think I paid close to a grand but to see him hunt you can not price that good luck on your choice cool.gif

Lund 95, Ten Point and Horton are a couple of very good bows. Depending on how much you want to spend they can range from 350.00 to 1000.00. You may also want to take a look at the new one by Bowtech called the Stryker. They say it will shoot 400 fps and they should be out by the first of the year.

Had a buddy who just recently purchased an Excaliber. He purchased the top model rated at 350 fps. The bow was a little too long for the buddy so he purchased the hand cranking cocker. The bow is extremely fast and deadly accurate. The crossbow is a traditional crossbow, not a compound.

Before buying, we talked to Schaefer Archery in Burnsville and this is the bow they recommended. The buddy spent about $1100 for the complete setup and hunting license.