• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pumpkin Carvings

Here we go!!!

This is a contest where creativity will reign supreme. There is a youth and adult contest and the winners will be chosen by Fishing Minnesota Pro Staff. What we are looking for is a pumpkin carving relating to the great outdoors. Deer, Fish, Wildlife, nature scenes or anything relating to outdoors. Try and get the kids involved as much as possible because this might be an annual event. Here is what you need to do...

Get a pumpkin and carve it out.

Create your design and cut it out.

Take a digital photo and display it in the “Pumpkin Carvings” link in the Photo Sharing forum. If possible try and take a photo at night with a candle or light in the pumpkin.

On the photo be sure to include your e-mail address so the winners can be notified.

There will be a first, second and third place for each division.

Be sure to have fun and good luck to all,

Good carvings,

Corey Bechtold

Good start everyone!!! My kids spent some good time carving today. I will try and get some pictures up on Wednesday (after Halloween).

Let's try and have the pictures up by November 5th. That way we can get the voting started and have the winners chosen by November 10th.

Please include the age of the child that carved the Pumpkin if it is to be judged as a youth division.

Keep the carvings coming!!!

Corey Bechtold

Yeah I wish I would of had more time to work on it, I ended up using a Wood Chisle set that had been a lil rusty, I think next year I will have to find an attachment for the drill to help carve away the pumpkin.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Here are my little Pumpkin carvers...

pumpkincarvings002xo1.jpg

Gettin' er' Done!

pumpkincarvings008bj0.jpg

Concentration

pumpkincarvings005eg4.jpg

Goofing off. grin.gif

halloween06004xz6.jpg

Trick or Treat!

halloween06008ps8.jpg

Bailey's Pumpkin... Common Loon, Pine tree at moonlight

pumpkincarvings011qs2.jpg

Brooke's Pumpkin... Racoon in a Pumpkin carved like a Walleye

halloween06009lw0.jpg

Cole's Pumpkin... Bluegill tongue.gif

Hopefully everyone had a happy/safe Halloween!

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

cjbechtold@yahoo

Sorry everybody. Rick said he was going to send me some product to hand out for prizes. That was long ago and nothing has arrived at my doorstep. I'll get in touch with Rick and see what is happening.

Take care,

Corey Bechtold

p.s.

yes, there is plenty of Ice fishing going on right now! grin.gif

Corey

Again thanks, its that time of the year that everything comes crashing down! so thanks for everything your doing!

Hope you had a great Christmas and I hope you have a wonderful New Year

ShawnnYB