• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oh man was that a awesome game. I don't think many of the gophers took it very seriously. When their coach says they were outcoached and outplayed. That is saying something. The Bison had some blown chances which could have made the difference. But I think all Bison fans are proud of the effort given by the team. I know I was. Just wish I could have been at the game. I will be there next year with my green and gold on.

No kidding- what a great game! I grew up a Gophers and Bison fan. I also graduated from NDSU, so I was pulling for the underdog. Soooooooo close!

Dang proud of the effort they put out there though. Woulda been nice to see a Bison victory solely for the reason of running the Gopher's coach outta town. Definite need for change there (IMO). However, won't be easy with him just having signed a whopping contract. I wish I was that grossly overpaid!!! grin.gif

Sure was a great game... too bad the Bison couldn't have made more of their touch down opportunities... they were starting to remind me of the vikings... get down near the endzone and settle for a field goal...

Still not too bad for a D-1A team vs a D-1AA team...

marine_man

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

The Gophers looked horrible and walked off the field with their tail between their legs I'm sure.

The Bison were able to run on the Gophers at will, and up the middle too. I'm just not quite sure how they weren't able to put it in the endzone though.

So they are doing this again next year? Can't wait!

As a MN resident, and a UMD alum, I want to thank the NDSU fb team, and all the fans, for showing Glen MAson and his overpaid staff just what college football is all about. And to think the gophers are going to get a new stadium - I think the U of M spends way too much money trying to compete - when do they say it's time to change our direction? Man, are they mediocre(and I don't mean to take anything away from NDSU with that statement). Let's hope Ohio State beats the living dump out of them...

I kept saying I wish the Bison would have lost by like 10 or so points and that way at least it wasn't bad. But when they were so so close then you had to think darn we could have won and should have won. But at least they woke the gophers up. I bet the gophers will take more notice next year.

The gophers are horrible this year we all know that, but in the re-match next year I don't think the game will be as close as the one the other week. NDSU should've won this one and missed their opportunity. Next season I believe the Gophers will win by a comfortable margin. It will be a lose - lose situation for the goghers again also. If they lose they are gonna look bad. If they blow 'em out then people are gonna say they were supposed to because the Bison are div.1AA. Either way the Bison have a great football program and the best of luck to them.

What a victory by the Bison! Down 24 points they rally to win with little time left. Final score Bison 28, UC Davis 24.

Cal Poly (#6) plays NDSU (#5) next week, but lost to Montana today so they will likely fall in the polls.

I also saw that for the end of the year ratings, that the Bison ended up 2nd in the nation, only following UMass in the #1. It's too bad about the waiting period, as I think we would've had a great shot at the title this year. I've followed the Montana Grizzly message boards and there is nothing but praise toward NDSU. Hundreds of Grizzly fans are really harping on the Big Sky for choosing Northern Colorado over NDSU for their new entry. It's too bad, the Big Sky would've been a perfect fit. I have heard that the Gateway football conference has expressed interest in having NDSU join, which would be great for NDSU. The Gateway is a great football conference, with teams like southern Illinois, Northern Iowa, etc. Lets hope for enterance!

Congrats Bison on one hell of a season!