• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Happy Hunting!

Mike Walerak

Good Luck to all that venture out this weekend. Be safe and take the time to remember the reasons you choose to partake in the SD opener. It about as close to a holiday as you can get in SD and probably taken more serious than most other holidays by some.

How many years has everyone been doing the SD opener?

This will be my 4th and my dog Zoe's 2nd.

mw

Good luck to you mike, glad to see you will be making it back over the border again. Good luck to you and Zoe as well! Where you guys hunting this weekend?

To answer your question I have been doing the south dakota opener every year since I was 12 (Im 25 now). This will be my first year ever with my own dog. I have 12 month old GSP named Wrigley. I have been waiting since last December when I brought him home at the age of 2mos old to shoot that first wild rooster over his point. After buying tons of birds this summer and many navhda get togethers and dog tests. We are exactly where I want to be with him. These next 2 days are gonna drag until noon on Saturday.

We will be hunting on private land around the wagner area both saturday and sunday.

Good luck to everyone! Man I cant wait to see the birds in the air....ROOSTER!

Good luck to you and everyone else as well. Be safe, enjoy the weekend, and remember to thank your landowners! Without them none of this would be possible. I will be hunting with a few of my closest friends south of Redfield. There should be no shortage of roosters.

I have hunted the SD opener since I was 12 years old living in Pierre. I am now 22 living in Aberdeen. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Dave Frank