• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My new snowmobile.

SomethingFishy*

Nice ride!

Not sure if there is anything that I would do to it for normal riding. If anything, I'd maybe consider studding the track but you should probably get some miles under your belt and determine whether or not you need them.

Now if you are talking ice fishing, I could go on and on with things to do to your sled. I would highly suggest a pair of saddlebags. They are awesome for stowing gear into. Maybe a handlebar bag, GPS mount, luggage rack, etc, etc! Another ice fishing necessity is going to be a rigid hitch to tow your shack with.

I have the GPS just now need the mount. I picked up the handlebar bag and cover. I am going to have them order me a hitch, saddle bags, I know I also need a 12 volt power source as it does not have one.

Is it expensive/ hard to stud the track? This is my first sled.

My dad also picked up 2 new sleds, He bought a new 05 Polaris 550 Super Sport for his wife and a new 06 Polaris 550 Super Sport for himself. He got some pretty good prices on them. He paid $3999 for the 2005 and $4049 for the 2006.

For the 12v power source, what I do on my sled is put a Vex battery in my handlebar bag. I use a cigarrete lighter adapter with alligator clips to hook the GPS power cord up to the Vex battery. Works slick! I can run my H20c all day with the backlight on and it doesn't run out of juice.

Studding the track will probably run you a couple of hundred. Studding track is not bad at all if you buy the studding template and the drill bit that is designed for cutting the holes in the track.

Quote:

For the 12v power source, what I do on my sled is put a Vex battery in my handlebar bag. I use a cigarrete lighter adapter with alligator clips to hook the GPS power cord up to the Vex battery. Works slick! I can run my H20c all day with the backlight on and it doesn't run out of juice.

That is a great idea, they want $50 for the Polaris 12v kit, I think it utilizes some power from the engine as my sled has no battery.

check your track, it may be premarked for 96 studs already.

all you need is a track bit and you drill a hole, push the stud through and tighten the nut onto the backer. Studs are the way to go....especially for low snow conditions and riding on the lake. Also look into a clutch kit...factory clutching on all sleds is garbage.

Im in the new sled club for this year too.

mach5.jpg

Sweet ride! Those new Ski Doos are sexy. I tried not to spend alot, I spent more than I really wanted to on mine, I looked at the Indy 500 as I could have got a new one for $3999, or a 550 Supersport for $4049, but the indy didn't have reverse and the supersport was a fan. I wanted just a little more or I figured I would be looking to "upgrade" in a year or so.

That is quite the ride sledneck. I think they should name a sled like that the "Stealth." That power of that sled is literally going to rip your arms off. I am remember riding a friends zr900, with twin pipes, a can, and clutch kit a few years, and let me tell you I am still grinning from the time I first punched that throttle. I would have to figure this sled of yours would be able to run with that machine. Yikes shocked.gif