• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What color is left?

The maples mostly have gone to ground up here in canoe country. They peaked a week or more ago. But the birch, quaking aspen and bigtooth aspen are peaking right now, and the gold of that genus mixed with the deep green of conifers reminds a person of the Rocky mountains.

The first image shows some of the last red maple color

color.jpg

And the aspen, birch and evergreens behind a well-known log building near Shagawa Lake

building.jpg

A Shag panorama

shag.jpg

I like two and three myself. Really nice, you know you just can't beat fall for photographic subjects. I shot a couple of soccer games last night and even the backgrounds with the fall colors made those shots stand out.

Quote:

The green OOF pine in the first one is distracting to my eye, but the last one is sweet and the comp on that one is perfect.

With my amature eye. I love the clarity of image and the general bokah, but the tree bark on the right and the pine green is a little distracting to my eye. Given that I "obviously" know what I am talking about...I can see the composition of the two structures (leaf bunches). The whole composition leaves me challenged (no pun intended).

The first image was meant to be challenging. In the thick woods, you don't get an uninterrupted view very often, and I was intrigued by the way the maple leaves play peek-a-boo within the balsam branches and tree trunks. I knew it was not an image that would please everyone, but it is a reality shot. grin.gif

Our birch/aspen color peaked last weekend and is well past prime by now, with the windy weather we've had.