• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crash and Burn Tweety

Jim Almquist

This poor little guy crashed into the window and got quite a little headache and then became a model.It took her about 10 min. to get her head cleard then took off with no problems. Because of all the great photos taken on this forum I had to get rid of my P & S and get a DSLR. I picked up a Canon 30D with a 17-85 EFS.This is why I have 2 shotguns for sale on the forum.Got to pay for this new hobby some how. [image]IMG_0143_10_2_1.jpg[/image] [image]IMG_0144_11_2_1.jpg[/image] [image]http://IMG_0138_5_2_1.jpg[/image]

jmalm: nice shots. I too just got the 30D and a 28-75 lens. I am finding that size lens is a good "walk around" lens but lacks the range for wildlife, bird, shooting. Sooooo, am looking to pick up a Tamron 200-400 DL this afternoon, or DBL, a certain 100-400. The new camera is cabable of taking excellent photos...now it is up to us to learn and share our photos. Hopefully I get some this weekend with the new lense and a trip to Tofte. cool.gif

I know what you mean. If the bird was not so dazed I would not have been able to get this shot.If I can get rid of a few things I would like to get something long with a L in it. grin.gifAs much as I would like a 100-400 I think that a 70-200 f4 will fit into my buget a little easier.

Dbl: yup, it was on their HSOforum yesterday. The NC folks in Roseville are getting it delivered from MG so I can take a look and compare to the Tamron 200-400 DL...though I expect there would be "no comparison". It sounds to me like you may be having a little Trader's Remorse!?? I think I am leaning toward the Tamron since I just blew a bunch of $ on other stuff anyways. And, with the 30-day return...I can check it out and see how sharp it is. I would be happy to put in a word with the NC people at Roseville if you feel IT should go back in your bag. smile.gif

I brought a little Vireo into a rehab center today from work. He also must have hit a window. He was in good health otherwise. I found him hopping around chasing bugs when I had a smoke break. He was fiesty, so I sure he'll be ok. He had a real strong bite! laugh.gif

Nice job mplspug.

Dbl: went into NC on Friday to look at the Tamron and the "L". The Tamron was gone, but at least I got to handle the 100-400L...niiiiiiiice. I was considering pulling the switch, but the sales guy I was working with on Wed was off and apparently he was the only one who could negotiate a price. So, I walked out with no lens. I am leaning towards a less expensive lens however. I'm happy with my Tamron 28-75, so maybe I'll pick up a new 200-500 Tamron depending on reviews. This will give me "L" envy even more so, but then I will have something to look foreward to as I work on my skills. I will post some of Gooseberry and Tettagouche from this weekend as soon as I figure out how to use photoshop CS2. Anybody know of any good sites for Photoshop help?

Swimmer,

Welcome to the school of "how do I do that in CS2". I've been using it about 8 months and it is not the easiest to get used to. Since we can't post links here e-mail me and I will get you pointed to a few sites that helped me. I think you would love that 100-400 but I do understand the "price thing", thats why I had to trade it in to start with.

dbleitch at aol (Contact Us Please)

Dan