• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Vermilion Scenery (photos included)

This is a sister to the topic in the bird watching forum. A few scenery shots from a long weekend on Lake Vermilion. The weather fantastic (except for the rainy boat ride out at 11:00pm on Friday night), the fishing was very good with a nice mixed bag of decent smallmouth, numerous walleyes (Sunday night dinner), and even a small muskie. This weekend reminds me of why we live in Minnesota.

Sunrise

89917018-O-1.jpg

89917058-O-1.jpg

Morning casting for muskies. Two guys, and three labs in a 17' foot boat makes for interesting fishing.

89917069-O-1.jpg

89917076-O-1.jpg

In a month or so this guy will be looking for ducks instead of fish.

89917205-O-1.jpg

No sir. The fishing is so good right here at home that I've never pulled my boat up north. Last summer we went up to the longville area, but the weather was so bad the three days that we were there that I only fished the first evening on Woman lake. Other than that--Mille lacs one time. Now with the price of gas, I've been content to fish Waconia and Minnetonka. I guess it's a good thing, but this summer I've been even too busy to get out fishing. I am ashamed to admit that I've only been out twice in the last seven weeks. If I get the chance though as soon as the futurities are done, I am planning on hitting Mille lacs for some late fall smallie action. Fall fishing though is real tough for me as there are birds to hunt--and birds rule! I sure would like to fish some of those northern lakes though.

Hey DBL-nice shot on the chocolate. For whatever reason that pic didn't load when I looked last night.

Thanks all for the comments, and Tom the lab was a black lab, the early morning light gives him that look. My avatar is also a black lab, same reason he looks like a chocolate, late evening light.